Mon-Fri 8:00-3:00 (PT)
Computer Related Issues
Missing Scroll Bars/Arrow Keys not working:
There are known issues with Windows 10 Version 1909.
To check your Windows 10 version:
- Navigate to Start->Settings->System.
- Select "About" in the left pane.
- Scroll down to "Windows Specific Information" or "Windows Specifications" in the right pane.
- Look for the "Version" details, which will be a value such as "1909", "2004", or "20H2".
If you are running Windows 10 version 1909 then you must install the latest feature update for TTS software to function properly. See the instructions here: How to install Windows 10 Feature Update
Due to the highly graphical nature of MasterTune BT and DataMaster BT, it is recommended that the PC have a good graphics capability and a dual-core or better processor. Additionally, if a laptop is used for on the road data collection a solid-state drive (SSD) is very desirable to prevent vibration-related problems. Using 2x the above minimum memory recommendations will generally show a noticeable performance improvement.
Some customers have encountered display problems with MasterTune BT. This typically occurs if the Windows display scaling is set to greater than 100%. If MasterTune BT appears very small on your screen, or if text or buttons are cut off, click this link for instructions: Display Scaling Advisory for MasterTune BT
Slow Program Startup:
The first time a program is launched, it can take many seconds before the program shows on the screen. This is due to the system loading dependant resources from disk to memory, and "real time" virus scanning of the software. Subsequent program launches are typically much faster, as the resources continue to reside in memory.
The following items are the major causes of slow program startup:
- Virus Scan checking the program when launched: The solution is to add the program to the anti-virus program exception list. See your anti-virus provider for more details.
- Insufficient memory in the system. The guidelines outlined in System Requirements are considered minimum; systems with additional memory typically perform better.
- Excessive number of programs on the PC: The computer must sort through thousands of registry entries when launching a program. Removing unused programs can speed up this process noticeably.
- An excessive number of programs or tasks running in the background: The fewer, the better. Better hardware and later operating systems tolerate more background tasks. In general, it is best if there are 70 or fewer tasks. Removing unused or seldom used programs can make significant reductions in background tasks.
Program Fails to Launch After Installation:
This is generally due to an anti-virus product blocking or deleting the program when it was installed. This occurs if the AV program does not recognize the program or erroneously identifies it as "malware". Follow these steps to handle this situation:
- Manually uninstall the program using Windows "Add and Remove Programs" feature
- Disable the AV software protection
- Reinstall the TTS program using the updater
- Add the program’s folder to the AV "exception" list
- Re-enable the AV software
Consult with the AV manufacturer for specific details on how to disable AV protection and add files to the exception list.
Program Launches then Disappears:
This is usually caused by Windows Defender blocking the program. Use the following steps to add the TTS program folder to the Defender exception list:
- Log into the Administrator account
- Select Start – Programs – Windows Defender or type 'Defender' into the search bar
- Select Tools and then Options
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to Advanced Options
- In the "Do Not Scan these files or Locations" box add the following entries:
- C:\Program Files\TTS\DataMaster-HD\DataMaster-HD.exe
- C:\Program Files\TTS\MasterTune-HD\MasterTune-HD.exe
- Click Save to save the changes. Select OK if prompted to OK the changes
- Close the Windows Defender application.